CARING FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL, HANDMADE GARMENT:
- Plant-based fibers in the rayon family, silks, linens, and nearly ALL natural fibers don’t like heat! Cold washing and line drying is the best way to launder these items!
- Most designers who work in very luscious, higher grade textiles would say keep your washing to a minimum! Just like the hair on your head: washing stresses out your fabric! It is not necessary to wash your garments unless they are specifically dirty.
- If you line dry an item and the temperature outside is above 98 degrees, it is similar to having your item in the dryer.
- Cupro is everyone’s favorite fabric these days. It is a plant-based fiber that mirrors washed silk, and is far less fussy at the seams (doesn’t fray like silk can). That said, if you spill a spot of liquid—even water—on cupro, it acts like a plant would act absorbing water. In order to even out the spot where the liquid has spilled, you must saturate the entire garment so that absorption disperses evenly. Recommended: just cold wash and lay flat or line dry.
- Steaming is a great way to relieve wrinkles. Pro tip: hang up your silk items in your bathroom when you shower and they’ll steam out beautifully!
At the end of the day, the take home message from nearly every designer in the world: dryers are the enemy of textile.
ALTAR HOUSELINE SIZING CHART:
Most of our clothing is easy fit, slightly oversized, or off the body so these measurements act as an estimate. If a garment has slight fit issues, we can do custom alterations or you can send in your measurements in the notes at checkout and we'll make the garment according to that if it's different than the sizing below. We understand that not everyone fits the cookie cutter mold of sizing patterns and our aim is to be as size-inclusive as possible so we're here to make our garments work for you and your body.
|BUST||HIGH WAIST||LENGTH||PANT SIZE|